By Brother Michel Lankford
That is a question that I get asked frequently and in various ways. All of us who love YHWH Almighty God, and who want to please our Heavenly Father, “How can I be more certain that I can better hear, understand and obey your guidance more effectively.”
Hearing, digesting and understanding the Heavenly Father’s guidance takes some time and practice. There is no getting around that. At the same time, we do need to make sure that we are being faithful with some of the basic techniques to hearing the Heavenly Father’s Voice.
Here are some basic Must – Have techniques that I recommend for every up-and-coming disciple:
Here is my honest advice to you.
(We must make sure that we are being faithful with the basics, before we ask God for more complicated Revelation on anything. If we are not faithful in little things that we do understand, then we won’t be faithful and bigger things either). That is a Kingdom reality. Don’t skip over that.
- Develop a relationship with your Heavenly Father through prayer, (Matthew 7:7-8; Philippians 4:6-8; 1 Thessalonians 5:16–22).
- Learn to read and to study the Scriptures so that you will know what God says that He requires, (2 Timothy 3:14-17).
- Ask your Heavenly Father what He wants you to do, about everything or anything that you need guidance; (James 1:5-8; James 1:19-26; John 10:5; John 10:27-28).
- Learn to confirm what you believe that you are hearing the Father say, through what Scripture says that God Desires and Requires, (John 14:21; Joshua 1:7-9; Psalm 1:1-3; Psalm 19:7-14, 19).
- Obey what you do know, as you seek guidance for what you don’t know. Be sure that you are practicing being obedient to the Bible Instructions that you already know to obey, because God reveals Himself to those who are willing to be obedient, (e.g. John 14:21; James 4:17). After all, if you don’t care enough to obey what you already know from Scripture to be true, why would he give you more revelation to be disobedient with?
- Make sure that you are placing obeying God well above obeying traditions invented by human beings, so that you can avoid VAIN worship, (Deuteronomy 5:29; Acts 5:29; Matthew 15:1-9; Mark 7:1-13).
- Practice becoming obedient to that faithfully and consistently, (Matthew 7:24-25; James 1:22-25).
If you learn to develop this kind of lifestyle, you will do well, and you will succeed.Thank you for your kind consideration and attention.As It Is Written:“With Your counsel You will guide me, And afterward receive me to glory.(Psalm 73:24 NASB95)
Brother Michel Lankford