By Brother R Michel Lankford
It’s based on a question that I asked decades ago in my private time with YHWH. I started with, “Is there a list in Scripture of what DOES NOT make it into Heaven?” “Do you give us a list anywhere of what we must avoid, or what we must overcome in order to enter into or inherit Your Everlasting Kingdom?” The information that Abba (יהוה YHWH) Almighty God gave me over the next few days would radically change my life forever. Once I did that Bible study, I was never the same again. It turns out that not only has the Almighty given us a list of what does not enter the Eternal Kingdom, but it happens to be a very lengthy and detailed list. I was shocked beyond description.
As it happens, even if you start looking at things from a, “New Testament” perspective, there is a plethora of things that are commonplace in traditional Christianity, that we should not be doing if we expect to live in YHWH’s Eternal Kingdom. Even things that are commonly accepted among modern-day Christians are not going to be accepted in YHWH’S Kingdom, even according to the New Testament. That was a shocker for me. It turned out that a lot of things I had been learning in church and Bible school were WRONG, even when simply reading and believing what is written in the New Testament. That turned out to be a loud awakening alarm clock for me. It changed the way I look at salvation. It changed the way I look at Grace, and what discipleship means. It was one of those light bulb moments. In reality, nothing had changed, and yet everything had changed at the same time. I mean, the Bible verses that God had been having me look at more carefully had always been there. The Bible had not changed. The Bible still said what it had always said, but Abba had awakened my understanding, and I began to see new things in the same old verses that I had never previously understood, until that moment.
A few years after that study, I asked the follow-up question in my private time. “Since there is obviously a clear and detailed list of things that DO NOT enter into the Heavenly Kingdom, then is there a detailed list somewhere in Scripture of what DOES enter into and inherit the Everlasting Kingdom of God? It turns out that, YES, there is a set of passages that contains a list of what DOES inherit the Everlasting Kingdom of Heaven. The list is much SHORTER, but it does exist. That’s what the focus of this paper will be primarily. If you want to see a detailed study of What DOES NOT Make it into Heaven, then you can simply click on the link. I recommend that you do so if you haven’t already.
A Basic Review of what DOES NOT Make it into Heaven
You can check it out for yourself, but the evidence is there when you study your Bible carefully. Considering what is at stake for us, making sure that we really do get it right is a worthwhile endeavor.
- Lawlessness is CONDEMNED [Matthew 7:13–23; Matthew 8:11-12; Matthew 13:41–42; Matthew 19:17].
- Practicing a lifestyle of Sin (John 8:34–35).
- Not Being Converted and not Coming as a little child (Matthew 18:1-3; Luke 18:17).
- Those who DO NOT produce the Fruit of the Kingdom (Matthew 8:11-12; Matthew 21:43).
- Refusing to give compassion, (Matthew 25:31–36; Luke 16:19–31)
- NOT Being Born Again (John 3:3-7; Ezekiel 11:19–20; Ezekiel 36:25-27; Philippians 2:13).
- Repeating the sins of the Scribes and Pharisees; not surpassing them in Righteousness (Matthew 5:17-20).
- Refusing to forgive (Matthew 6:14-15; Matthew 18:21-35).
- Refusing to obey Messiah, (John 3:36).
- Those who do not practice doing the Father’s Will, (Matthew 7:21).
- Not Knowing both the Father and the Son, (John 17:3; 1 John 3:3-6).
- Thoughts, attitudes, and behaviors that invoke the wrath of God, (Romans 1:18-32; Ephesians 2:1-3; Ephesians 5:3-7; Colossians 3:3-6).
- Not Practicing Biblical Holiness, (2 Corinthians 6:14-7:1; Hebrews 12:14).
- Living According to the Sinful Nature (Galatians 5:19-21)
- Failing to Overcome: (Revelation 21:7-8)
- All Liars will be condemned, (Revelation 21:8). There are at least 11 characteristics that are defined is what it means to be a liar in the Bible.
- People who practice ABOMINATIONS will be condemned, (Revelation 21:8). Now, there are about 60 things, listed in 72 passages which God considers to be ABOMINATIONS in the Bible.
- Sexual Immorality (Leviticus 18:1-23; Romans 1:18-32; Galatians 5:19-21; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Rev. 21:8)
- Spiritual Infidelity, (Deuteronomy 7:25; Leviticus 18:21; 1 Samuel 15:22-23; Isaiah 5:20-24; James 4:4; 1 John 2:15-17; and many more).
Regardless of what are religious or theological background, or our sensitivities might be, it is clear by the Weight of Biblical Evidence, that we MUST NOT take our salvation for granted. We shouldn’t assume that we are okay before YHWH Almighty God, we should make certain of it.
As It Is Written:
“Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you—unless indeed you fail the test?(2 Corinthians 13:5 NASB95; cf. Matthew 7:21-23).
Please don’t forget. True biblical Grace is there to forgive us when we fall short, and to help us repent and TURN AWAY from all these things listed above. True Biblical Grace is there to help us to successfully overcome and have victory over the things that are listed above. True biblical grace is there to empower and help us to DO the GOOD WORKS that God wants us to do, (Ephesians 2:10; Philippians 2:13; Titus 2:11-15).
Please do not be deceived. Please do not allow others to deceive you. Authentic Biblical Grace, DOES NOT, and CANNOT teach that people will go to heaven simply for professing Christ, regardless of whether they do the Father’s Will or not. True Grace CANNOT teach that people will go to heaven simply for professing Christ, whether they turn away from evil or not. True Grace CANNOT teach that people will go to heaven simply for professing Christ, whether they overcome or whether they don’t overcome. Overcoming these things is NOT optional. It’s REQUIRED to inherit God’s Eternal Kingdom. Scripture is clear. Grace is there to help us succeed at overcoming these things. It’s not there to tell us that we will inherit God’s Kingdom regardless of whether we overcome these things or not. Do not be deceived.
What DOES Inherit God’s Kingdom
Since God so graciously provided us a list of things which do not inherit His Eternal Kingdom, it also stands to reason that He would also graciously provide the list of characteristics of things which DO inherit His Kingdom. The details of that list is what follows here.
- Those who DO Abba (יהוה YHWH) Almighty God’s Will, (Matthew 7:21).
- Those who ARE truly Born Again, (John 3:3-7; Matthew 18:1-3; Ezekiel 11:19–20; Ezekiel 36:25-27; Philippians 2:13).
- Those who truly KNOW the Heavenly Father, and who KNOW Messiah, (John 17:3; 1 John 3:3-6).
- Those who DO practice Biblical Holiness, (2 Corinthians 6:14-7:1; Hebrews 12:14).
- Those who OBEY the Son, (James 5:9; John 3:36)
As It Is Written:
“And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him,”(Hebrews 5:9 NKJV)
Did you catch it? Jesus the Messiah is the source of Eternal Salvation, but ONLY for those who OBEY Him, (Hebrews 5:9; John 3:36). He is NOT the source of eternal salvation for those who REFUSE to OBEY Him. For those who REFUSE to OBEY Him, Jesus will be the source of wrath and condemnation, and NOT salvation, (John 3:36; c.f. Deuteronomy 18:18-19). That is even in the, “New Testament.” That’s because in terms of biblical languages, doing what He says is the physical testimony that I truly DO BELIEVE Him. Not doing what He says is the same as NOT truly believing Him. What you do is what you believe. What you truly believe is what you will do. Don’t be deceived.
Those who OVERCOME to develop these Godly Characteristics as follows:
“O YHWH, who may Abide in Your Tabernacle?” (Psalm 15:1).
- He who walks with integrity.
- One who works righteousness.
- One who speaks truth in his heart.
- He does not slander with his tongue,
- He does not do evil to his neighbor.
- He does not take up reproach against a friend, meaning that he is not quick to believe a bad report about a friend.
- In whose eyes a **reprobate is despised** `in short, a reprobate is someone who thoroughly delights and enjoys practicing What YHWH Says is wicked, without repenting.` Such a person should be despised by anyone who loves Abba-YAH and His Righteousness.
- Who honors those who reverence YHWH.
- He swears to his own hurt and does not change.
- He does not put out his money at interest.
- He does not take a bribe, but especially he does not take a bribe to harm the innocent.
- **He who does these things will never be shaken.**
As It Is Written:
“Therefore “Come out from among them And be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, And I will receive you.” “I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.”(2 Corinthians 6:17–18 NKJV).
It does not get clearer than that. Biblical holiness is REQUIRED in order for God to receive us and to consider us His Child. That principle is restated in the New Testament. There is no righteous way of getting around that. Holiness is required.
- Those who practice KEEPING the Commandments of Abba (יהוה YHWH) Almighty God, while still maintaining the faith and testimony of Yahshua/Jesus (ישוע) the Messiah, (Matthew 19:17; John 12:49-50; Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14–15 NKJV etc).
As It Is Written:
“Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.(Revelation 22:14–15 NKJV)
- Those who endure and persevere to the end, will be saved (Matthew 24:12-13).
- Those who successfully DO overcome, (Revelation 21:7).
As It Is Written:
“Who may ascend into the hill of the LORD? Or who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, Who has not lifted up his soul to an idol, Nor sworn deceitfully. He shall receive blessing from the LORD, And righteousness from the God of his salvation.(Psalm 24:3–5 NKJV)
- He has clean hands and a pure heart.
- He has rejected idolatry and does not lift up his soul to idols.
- He does not swear deceitfully.
- He shall receive blessing from the Lord , And righteousness from the God of his salvation.
2 Peter 1:3–11
- His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness.
- He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, so that by them you may become partakers of the divine nature.
- Those who apply all diligence to grow in moral excellence.
- Those who apply all diligence to grow in Holy knowledge.
- Those who apply all diligence to grow in self-control,
- Those who apply all diligence to grow in perseverance.
- Those who apply all diligence to grow in godliness.
- Those who apply all diligence to grow in brotherly kindness,
- Those who apply all diligence to grow in Biblical Love.
Notice: For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
“For he who lacks these qualities is blind or short-sighted, having forgotten his purification from his former sins.”(2 Peter 1:9)
“Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you; for as long as you practice these things, you will never stumble.“(2 Peter 1:10)
It’s the SAME as the promise given in Psalm 15.
“For in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly supplied to you.”(2 Peter 1:11)
There is no getting around it. According to the New Testament, cooperating with the Holy Spirit and applying all our diligence to cooperating with God to develop these all-important characteristics; THIS is the GUARANTEE of our entry into YHWH’s Eternal Kingdom. Modern Christians ignore this most often, but this is the guarantee of entering into heaven, even according to the New Testament.
2 Corinthians 6:14–7:1
- Those who do not bind themselves together with unbelievers.
- Those who do not enter into partnership with lawlessness.
- Those who do not enter into fellowship with darkness.
- Those who do not enter into harmony with Belial.
- Those who do not share in common with unbelievers.
- Those who do not touch what YHWH considers to be unclean.
Notice: For this reason, YHWH Almighty tells us to come out from among those who practice these things, and to be SEPARATE from these things. If we separate ourselves from the things listed above, YHWH promises to be our God, (Elohim). He promises that he will consider us to be HIS people. The question we all have to ask ourselves is does it matter to you whether or not YHWH Almighty truly considers you to be one of his people. If it does, then we MUST separate ourselves from these things.
If we separate ourselves from these things, we have the promise that YHWH Almighty will consider Himself to be our Father, and he will consider us to be His children. The question that every saint must ask is, how much does it matter to you whether or not YHWH Almighty considers himself to be your Father, and He considers you to be His child? If that matters to you, then separating yourselves from the things mentioned in the above list is not optional. It’s IMPERATIVE.
As It Is Written:
“Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.(2 Corinthians 7:1 NKJV)
God’s true Grace will help us to cooperate with our Heavenly Father to develop these critical characteristics with the power of the Holy Spirit helping us to develop these. However, True Biblical Grace will NEVER teach that you have a guarantee of entering heaven, without cooperating with God to develop these characteristics.
Hey beloved Folks, I am just believing and teaching what the Bible actually SAYS. Who will join me?