Of Course! I Believe in the Grace that Paul REALLY Preached…
(I REJECT the Counterfeit Lawless Grace; because it’s NOT True Grace)
’Yes, I believe that a person is Born Again and saved by grace through what Jesus Christ accomplished in his life, death, burial and resurrection. I believe that a person is saved by grace, through faith in Messiah. At the same time; I believe that true Biblical Grace will CAUSE us to OBEY God’s Commandments, and not to reject, to dispose of them, or to violate them, (Romans 6:1, 14-15, 29; Romans 8:5-8; Philippians 2:12-13; Ezekiel 11:19-20; Ezekiel 36:25-27; Jeremiah 31:31-34). Grace DOES NOT give us permission to sin and to violate the Commandments of God, while expecting the blessings of God because we CLAIM to have faith in His Son. From the biblical point of view, what you do is the fruit of what you truly believe. So, from the biblical point of view, if we REALLY BELIEVE Jesus, then the fruit of our belief will be that we will take His words seriously, we will cooperate with Him, and we will overcome the things that don’t enter the Kingdom, with the power of the Holy Spirit helping us to overcome. If on the other hand we refuse to take His Words seriously; if we refuse to cooperate with Him so that we will overcome the sins and the transgression of His Commands; If we refuse to apply the power of the Holy Spirit to help us overcome the breaking of Biblical Commandments; then that refusal demonstrates that we DON’T REALLY BELIEVE Him. That is the CRITICAL difference between the postmodern Christian and God’s True Biblical definition of, “BELIEVE.” That distinction is a life-and-death distinction.
- Yes, I believe in grace, but I believe in the grace that Paul actually taught and commanded us to teach, (Titus 2:11-15).
- True Biblical Grace reveals, provides, and makes salvation accessible to all people.
- True Biblical Grace trains us to REJECT sinful passions, and worldly desires.
- True Biblical Grace actively trains us to live soberly, to live righteously and to live Godly in the present age, while we await the Messiah’s return.
- According to Paul, TRUE Biblical Grace teaches that Messiah came to redeem us FROM all LAWLESSNESS. Therefore, since Messiah came to redeem us FROM Lawlessness, then walking outside of God’s Laws Commandments and Instructions; (committing and walking in lawlessness and anomia) CANNOT be what it means to live in God’s Grace. Lawlessness is what Jesus came to REDEEM us FROM doing.
- According to Paul, TRUE Biblical Grace teaches that Messiah came to make us His Special people; a people who are zealous FOR Good Works. Therefore, since Messiah came to make us zealous for doing good deeds that agree with Scripture; that also means that doing good deeds that agree with Biblical Commandments, CANNOT be a lack of Grace, as so many postmodern Christians teach today. According to Paul, True Biblical Grace will make us zealous TO DO GOOD deeds. True grace does not hinder or forbid good deeds, as so many modern Christians falsely claim today.
- According to Paul the apostle, the grace that he just described in Titus 2:11-14; THIS is the Grace that we are commanded to present and teach. In fact, when it comes to this teaching about grace, we are not allowed to let anyone despise or reject us concerning this teaching about grace.
Yes, I believe in grace, but I believe in the grace that Paul commanded us to teach. I believe in a grace that helps us to DO God’s Will and to KEEP God’s Commandments. I believe in the True Biblical Grace that helps us to overcome sin, and not to indulge sin.
Brother Michel Lankford