We will All be Judged
By Brother R. Michel Lankford
If you were accused of a crime, (even falsely accused), where the possibility was a lifetime of imprisonment, would you not prepare yourself in some way? Would you not at least educate yourself with what the laws are, what your rights are, and a little bit about how NOT to purposely OFFEND the judge who is deciding your case? Of course you would, if you were using
the brains and intellect that the Almighty gave you.
Should we not prepare for eternity with at least as much consideration as we would give an
earthly human judge?
Therefore, would it not be infinitely wise, for those of us who claim to be believers and followers
of YHWH and of the Messiah which He has sent; that we should KNOW, (NOT just ASSUME, but KNOW) by what Standards we will be judged on the Last Day of Judgment? Would it not be wise for believers to know and understand how YHWH Almighty SAYS that He will Judge us? Would it not be wise for us to understand how MESSIAH SAYS we will be Judged? Would it not be wise for us to understand how the prophets declared that we will be Judged? Would it not be wise for us to understand the very things which the apostle said would NOT inherit the Eternal Kingdom?
If you truly care about your Eternal Being, and the Eternal Beings of the people that you love, you will not continue to show contempt for YHWH’s Standards.
If you truly diligently study these things out for yourself, you will never again be able to walk the same way before the Almighty Creator. If you take heed to these things, it will be LIFE transforming.
“If we learn to judge ourselves according to His Standards, then we will be able to repent, so that we will not come under judgment,(See 1 Corinthians 11:31).”
We will all be judged by (יהוה YAHWEH), Almighty whether we like it or not. (Ecc. 12:13-14; 2 Tim. 4:1).
2. If Anyone knows what will, and what will NOT inherit the Eternal Kingdom, Messiah surely knows. So We should take Him Seriously.
3. According to Messiah, there will be MANY professing Christians who will not make it. (Matthew 7:13-14; Matthew 7:21-23).
4. What invokes and produces the wrath of (יהוה YAHWEH) Almighty? (Romans 1:18-32)
5, Rejecting (יהוה YAHWEH) & Messiah is Condemned (Psalm 14:1; Psalm 53:1; Deuteronomy 18:18-19; John 3:36; John 1:12; John 5:24; John 8:51; Acts 4:12).
6. Lawlessness: Rejecting (יהוה YAHWEH)’s Torah is CONDEMNED (Matthew 7:21-23; Matthew 13:42-42; Matthew 24:12-13). So look carefully When Jesus says that some characteristic, attitude or lifestyle doesn’t get into heaven.
7. Living according to the sinful nature is CONDEMNED (Galatians 5:19-21; 1 Corinth. 6:9-10; 2 Corinthians 6:14-7:1).
8. Failing to Overcome is CONDEMNED (Revelation 21:7-8).
9. ALL Liars will be CONDEMNED (Revelation 21:8; Revelation 22:15).
10. Those Who Practice ABOMINATIONS will be CONDEMNED (See the detailed
11. Sexually Immoral People will be CONDEMNED (Romans 1:18-32; Galatians 5:19-21; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Rev. 21:8; cf. Leviticus 18).
12. The New Birth was always intended to bring us forgiveness of sins and the power of the Holy Spirit to OVERCOME these things which do not enter the Eternal Kingdom, (Romans 6:1,14-15, 19; Romans 8:5-8; Romans 12:1-2, 21) The grace of God and the New Birth were NEVER intended to give us permission to indulge our sinful nature and to naively trust that we were saved because we, “Believe Jesus”, regardless of whether we overcame these things or not. In fact, from the biblical point of view, what you do is the fruit of what you truly believe. So, from the biblical point of view, if we REALLY BELIEVE Jesus, then the fruit of that belief will be that we will take His words seriously, we will cooperate with Him, and we will overcome the things that don’t enter the Kingdom, with the power of the Holy Spirit helping us to overcome. If on the other hand we refuse to take His Words seriously; if we refuse to cooperate with Him so that we will overcome these things; If we refuse to apply the power of the Holy Spirit to help us overcome these things; then that refusal demonstrates that we DON’T REALLY BELIEVE Him. That is the CRITICAL difference between the postmodern Christian and God’s True Biblical definition of, “BELIEVE.” That distinction is a life-and-death distinction.
We Will Be Judged by YHWH Almighty God
FACT: We will all be Judged by YHWH Almighty God, whether we like it or not.
FACT: When YHWH Almighty God, judges us, He will use HIS Definitions of Right and Wrong to judge us. God WILL NOT ADAPT or Change His definitions to match our understanding,our preferences, or our culture. For this reason we must learn to measure and evaluate EVERYTHING in comparison to HIS Definition and Standards. This is WHY we are told that we are NOT to conform to the sinful world, but we are to be transformed so that we come into agreement with YHWH Almighty God, (Romans 12:1-2).
(Deuteronomy 32:4; Psalm 19:9; Psalm 96:10; Psalm 98:9; Proverbs 3:5-8 Proverbs 14:12: Proverbs 16:2; Isaiah 5:20-24; Ecclesiastes 12:13-14; Matthew 12:36-37; 2 Corinthians 5:10; 2 Timothy 4:1; 1 Peter 4:5; Revelation 20:12 Revelation 21:7-8).
True Grace is where we allow God to change and empower us so that we will come into agreement with Him, and we will align ourselves to HIS Righteous Standards. True Grace does not expect God to change and lower His definitions of right and wrong to accommodate our standards, our preferences or our sinful nature, so that we make it into Heaven.
What Jesus Said Would Not Enter Heaven
- Lawlessness is CONDEMNED [Matthew 7:13–23; Matthew 8:11-12; Matthew 13:41–42; Matthew 19:17]
- Practicing a lifestyle of Sin (John 8:34–35).
- Not Being Converted and not Coming as a little child (Matthew 18:1-3; Luke 18:17).
- Those who DO NOT produce the Fruit of the Kingdom (Matthew 8:11-12; Matthew 21:43).
- Refusing to give compassion, (Matthew 25:31–36; Luke 16:19–31)
- NOT Being Born Again (John 3:3-7; Ezekiel 11:19–20; Ezekiel 36:25-27; Philippians 2:13)
- Repeating the sins of the Scribes and Pharisees (Matthew 5:17-20)
- Refusing to forgive (Matthew 6:14-15; Matthew 18:21-35)
What Produces the Wrath of God?
What Specifically Brings about the Wrath of יהוה? In Romans 1:18, the Word gives us a profound statement:
“For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness…” Romans 1:18 (NASB).
YAH Almighty Elohim, working through the apostle Paul then gives us a sample listing of the things that bring about the wrath of יהוה in Romans 1:18-32. Here is a quick review of that list.
- Stubbornly and willfully refusing and rejecting the knowledge of יהוה which He has made plain to everyone; except that they have in effect hardened their hearts against YHWH; (Romans 1:19-21; Ecclesiastes 3:11).
- Willfully suppressing or working to suppress the knowledge of יהוה away from people by way of unrighteousness.
- Refusing to honor יהוה as being God and refusing to be grateful to Him (Romans 1:21).
- Choosing to exchange the true knowledge of יהוה for the imitation wisdom of man (Romans 1:22; Jeremiah 9:23-24; Proverbs 3:5-7; Proverbs 26:12). For the Almighty, even in His foolishness would still be wiser than the wisest of men (1 Corinthians 1:25). As a result of rejecting YHWH, we become foolish and futile in our thinking patterns.
- Since they rejected יהוה and His knowledge and wisdom, they began to worship their own knowledge wisdom and understanding. They began to worship the created things instead of the Creator (Romans 1:21-23; 2 Kings 17:15; Ephesians 4:17-32).
- As people continually reject יהוה and His standards; as they continue to indulge in idolatry against יהוה , worshiping their own intellect and other things which God created, human thinking becomes more and more hostile against יהוה , and eventually He will turn us over to this sins in which we have repeatedly indulged. Worshiping our own intellect will lead us into worshiping our own pleasures including our own sexual pleasures. After doing that long enough, normal יהוה ordained sexual relations no longer excites and satisfies. So people begin to seek after more perverse pleasures, eventually even accepting homosexuality, or even intercourse with animals, which Elohim defines as detestable abominations (Romans 1:24-27; Leviticus 18:22-23).
- As people continually reject יהוה and refuse to honor Him, but instead choosing to honor their own sinful passions, Elohim eventually turns them over to a depraved mind. This leads to the rest of the characteristics that bring about the wrath of יהוה upon societies Romans 1:29-32 (NASB). These are as follows: Being filled with all unrighteousness, Wickedness Greed, Evil; Full of envy, murder, strife Deceit Malice; They are gossips, Slanderers Haters of God, Insolent Arrogant Boastful Inventors of evil, Disobedient to parents, Without understanding, Untrustworthy, Unloving, Unmerciful; And finally, approving even celebrating wickedness.
“… although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them.” (Romans 1:32).
Do you ever wonder WHY authentic Biblical believers, CANNOT rightfully, and MUST NOT accept, approve, endorse, or lend any support to things like idolatry, abortion, gay marriage, sex with animals, or any of the types of things that are listed above? The answer is clear as a bell in Romans 1:32:
The reason that true Biblical Believers CANNOT and MUST NOT accept and approve of the things which (יהוה YAHWEH) calls wickedness is because; IF we as believers APPROVED of what YHWH considers to be wicked, we will be JUDGED and CONDEMNED as if we practiced those wicked things ourselves. That’s WHY tolerating wickedness as if it were a good thing is NOT an option, for any TRUE follower of יהוה and of Messiah. Many modern and postmodern Christians ignore this precept, and they do so at their own peril.
What Specifically Will NOT Enter the Kingdom of (יהוה YAHWEH)?
- Rejecting Yahshua of Nazareth; The Messiah (John 3:36; John 1:12; John 5:24; John 8:51; Acts 4:12)
- Those Who Refuse to Obey the will of (יהוה YAHWEH; Matthew 7:21).
- Those Who are NOT Converted (Matthew 18:1-3; Matthew 5:20; John 3:3,5,7; 1 Corinthians 15:50).
- Those Who Refuse to Forgive (Matthew 6:15-16; Matthew 18:23-35)
- Those who commit and practice LAWLESSNESS, and those who cause others to stumble into LAWLESSNESS, (Matthew 7:21-23; Matthew 13:41-42; Matthew 24:12-13).
Even Paul the apostle of grace specifically taught that we MUST SEPARATE ourselves from Lawlessness in order to be received by (יהוה YAHWEH as His Children 2 Corinthians 6:14-7:1; cf. Romans 8:5-8; Romans 3:31; Romans 6:19; Titus 2:11-15).
The Writer of Hebrews Testified
The writer of Hebrews; (Hebrews 1:9; cf. Hebrews 10:16-17).
John the Apostle Testified
John the apostle specifically taught the same way; (1 John 3:4; cf. 1 John 1:5-8; 1 John 2:3-6; 1 John 3:7-8).
Please think about this carefully. We now have at LEAST FOUR WITNESSES even in the New Testament; (including Yahshua Messiah, Paul the apostle, the writer of Hebrews, and John the apostle) specifically telling us that ANOMIA or setting aside or rejecting (יהוה YAHWEH)’s Laws Commandments and Instructions will not enter in and or remain in (יהוה YAHWEH)’s Kingdom.
Living According to the Sinful Nature (Galatians 5:19-21)
This includes the following:
1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of (יהוה YAHWEH)? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites 1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Ephesians 5:5-7 For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and (יהוה YAHWEH).
“Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of (יהוה YAHWEH) comes upon the sons of disobedience.” Therefore do not be partakers with themEphesians 5:5-7 NASB.
Immorality: (particularly sexual immorality in the original Greek)
Impurity: (referring to moral impurity-for example greed)
Sensuality: (Basically being inordinately driven or controlled by the appetites of one’s five senses; also wantonness or excessiveness)
Idolatry: (Worshiping anything outside of (יהוה YAHWEH) Almighty; also stubbornness (1 Samuel 15:22-23). Also craving another person’s possessions or coveting (Colossians 3:5).
Sorcery: Witchcraft; The Use and administration of Drugs; poisoning; Using magical arts
Enmities: Hatred or causing hatred
Strife: Loving to fight argue or instigate fights, arguments or contentions
Jealousy: Being fiercely and indignantly Zealous or rivalry Outbursts of Anger: Uncontrolled passionate zealous indignation and anger (temper tantrums or fits).
Disputes: Causing contention and secretly working behind the scenes to gain an unfair advantage to achieve ones aims in promoting oneself, agenda or desires.
Dissensions: Violent debate (as in attempting to force or to divide them away from the truth; causing unholy divisions)
Factions: Similar to the above, it has to do with having such misplaced loyalty to a division, group, (a denomination for example), or an idea; to the point that one is willing to sacrifice Truth or Righteousness before (יהוה YAHWEH) in order to advance a particular group or cause. One example of this would be such things as the KKK, who are willing to murder blacks and blow up churches to advance their cause of so-called “keeping the white race pure.” Once you commit mass murder, you are no longer pure by (יהוה YAHWEH)?’s definition anyway (Matthew 7:12; 1 John 3:15)! So you cause a lot of grief and pain, and accomplish nothing where it counts for all the trouble you cause! The biggest example of this in Scripture has to be during the trial of Yahshua (John 19:12-15). The religious leaders of the time had the crowd so stirred up that they were willing to openly deny that Almighty (יהוה YAHWEH) is King in Israel and verbally proclaim an idol worshiping pagan (the Emperor) instead, all to ensure that Yahshua would hang, because they said he committed blasphemy (which He didn’t; but what were they doing with such talk)? Not only were they so devoted to this idea that they were willing to deny (יהוה YAHWEH) as their king, but they were even willing to sacrifice their own children to this cause (Matthew 27:25). Now that’s an example of losing all perspective.
Envying: A painful or resentful awareness of an advantage enjoyed by another joined with a desire to possess the same advantage (Webster’s Collegiate; 11th Ed) Note: I did not use my Bible dictionaries on this one because they used the key word in the primary definition, which is terrible studying procedure.
Drunkenness: That one is self-explanatory. It means to live a lifestyle of intoxication with foreign substances.
Carousing: It literally means riotous celebration. Biblical dictionaries point to word pictures such as “a nocturnal and riotous procession of half drunken and frolicsome fellows who after supper parade through the streets with torches and music (usually in honor of some false deity). They sing and play before the houses of male and female friends; hence, used generally as an excuse for drinking parties that are protracted late into the night, and indulge in revelry. I think that Mardi Gras or Carnival would be ‘reasonable’ examples of carousing. Please take notice that Scripture specifically says that anyone with a lifestyle that indulges in these things (or anything else like those things) will not inherit the kingdom of (יהוה YAHWEH). We need to take (יהוה YAHWEH) seriously. He specifically says that people who indulge in this kind of lifestyle would not go to heaven, so we better cooperate with (יהוה YAHWEH) to get rid of this kind of stuff out of our thinking and behaviors:
Failing to Overcome: (Revelation 21:7-8)
Revelation 21:7-8 “He who overcomes will inherit these things (Some translations say will inherit ‘all things’, and I will be his God and he will be My son.””But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” Revelation 21:7-8 (NASB)
So let us look more closely at each of these things:
The Cowardly: It literally means to live a lifestyle where one is intimidated; more fearful of the opinions of human beings than of (יהוה YAHWEH; 2 Timothy 1:7; Matthew 10:28; Luke 12:5; Galatians 1:10).
The Unbelieving: It literally means to be without trust in (יהוה YAHWEH); also without faith; also untrustworthy or unreliable.
The Abominable: It literally means to render foul, to stink so badly as to become abhorrent; to turn one’s self (more importantly (יהוה YAHWEH) away from some person attitude or behavior because of the stench.
Note: Scripture classifies a lot of different things (that I’ve found); attitudes and behaviors that are specifically named as abominations in (יהוה YAHWEH)’s sight. I have included the list after the section).
Murderers; This includes everything from the actual unjust physically taking of someone’s life, to retaining hatred, or unjustified anger in one’s heart (Exodus 20:13; Matthew 5:21-26).
Immoral Persons; In literal terms the original Greek word of this term is one who prostitutes their body for hire to satisfy another’s unlawful sexual desires; a fornicator. A male prostitute.
Sorcerers; One who practices magic arts, deals in poisons or drugs. To illicitly manipulate the mind.
Idolaters; A worshiper of false gods; Placing anything above (יהוה YAHWEH); worshiping in any way after the manner of the heathen (Deuteronomy 12:29-32; cf. John 4:24).
All Liars Will be Condemned- Revelation 21:8;
Biblically, What Qualifies As Being a Liar?
- The first one is obvious; knowingly not telling the truth (Leviticus 19:11; Colossians 3:9; in contrast to (Ephesians 4:15)
- Claiming that we are not sinning when (יהוה YAHWEH) says that we are: Lying includes claiming that we have not miss the Mark of (יהוה YAHWEH)’s standards of righteousness in some area, when Almighty (יהוה YAHWEH) and Christ in His Word says that we have, (1 John 1:8, 10; cf. 1 John 3:4; Isaiah 5:20-24). So whenever (יהוה YAHWEH)’s Word specifically identifies something as being sinful or missing the Mark of His righteous standards, then we cannot say that this particular thing does not miss the mark, we cannot say that it is not sin when (יהוה YAHWEH) says something is sin, because if we do that makes us a liar according to 1 John 1:8; because in so doing we are either convincing ourselves or teaching others to deny sin; which is lying, (1 John 1:10); because we are denying that (יהוה YAHWEH’s Standards are valid. So how much more dangerous is it to call the Creator and Judge of all things; how dangerous is it to call HIM a liar?
- Lying includes claiming to walk in His light while we actually continually walk in darkness (1 John 1:5-6); claiming to know (יהוה YAHWEH), but actually denying him through our lifestyle, (Titus 1:16; cf. Jude 1:4).
- Lying includes adding things to the Word of (יהוה YAHWEH) which are not there, and removing things from (יהוה YAHWEH)’s Word (Proverbs 30:6). It’s a dangerous practice because if you allow that habit, you might actually do it at a time where it would lead to perilous consequences, (e.g. Revelation 22:18-19).
- Lying includes claiming to be a member of (יהוה YAHWEH)?’s family while refusing to do the will of (יהוה YAHWEH; Matthew 12:48-50; Mark 3:35).
- Lying includes claiming to know (יהוה YAHWEH), and Yahshua, while at the same time you refuse to walk according to the Commandments, which is of course the opposite of how Yahshua walked (1 John 2:3-6). If we claim to know Him, then we need to learn to walk as Yahshua walked through this life, and He kept the Father’s Commandments.
- Lying includes denying Yahshua the Messiah, because He is the truth (John 14:6; 1 John 4:22; 1 John 5:10
- Lying includes denying (יהוה YAHWEH)?’s Word (John 17:17).
- Lying includes speaking the opposite of (יהוה YAHWEH)’s standards (Isaiah 5:20-24) ·
- Lying includes speaking the opposite of (יהוה YAHWEH)’s Law, because (יהוה YAHWEH)’s Law is the Truth (Psalm 119:142; cf. Psalm 19:7-14 cf. Matthew 5:17-20).
- Lying includes hearing (יהוה YAHWEH)’s word, but not developing the habit of putting (יהוה YAHWEH)’s Word into practice, which is lying to oneself or self-deception, (James 1:22-23).
- Lying includes claiming to have true religion while I fail to bridle my own mouth, because in so doing, I am deceiving my own heart (James 1:27).
- Lying includes claiming to love (יהוה YAHWEH) while we retain hatred for a brother (1 John 4:20; cf. Matthew 5:43-48).
[ALL Liars] “Their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” (Revelation 21:8)
“Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the immoral persons and the murderers and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying.” (Revelation 22:15).
The ‘Abominable’ Will NOT Enter (Revelation 21:8)
As It Is Written:
“But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”(Revelation 21:8 NKJV)
What is an Abomination?
An abomination in the Biblical sense is an attitude, behavior, or lifestyle that is particularly evil and detestable in the sight of (יהוה YAHWEH). In fact, abominations are considered by (יהוה YAHWEH) to be so detestable that in in order for God to maintain True Righteousness, they incur (יהוה YAHWEH)’s fierce anger, wrath and violent overthrow. Abominations are attitudes, behaviors, or lifestyles that are so evil and detestable in the sight of God that they make Him want to SPEW and VOMIT in anger.
Abba (יהוה YHWH) Almighty God is extremely loving and kind, (1 John 4:7-8; Exodus 34:6–8; Numbers 14:18; Psalm 86:15; Psalm 103:1-8 etc.). He does not show this level of fierce anger very often, (which is a very good thing, because when He does, people die).
In Biblical language, words and terms like vomit, spew, incensed, and even hatred are used in conjunction with the word, to describe (יהוה YAHWEH)’s reaction to abominable things.
Abominable things are considered so wicked by (יהוה YAHWEH), that unless one repents and completely forsakes those abominable attitudes and behaviors, (יהוה YAHWEH) guarantees that they will be condemned to the Lake of fire (Revelation 21:8).
When (יהוה YAHWEH) says that He detests any attitude or behavior to the degree that He calls it an abomination, We MUST take (יהוה YAHWEH) Seriously. We definitely don’t want to be anywhere near it. We don’t want to be judged guilty of it. We want to turn away from it and run in a new right and Holy direction as quickly as possible, as one running to escape a burning building or a hail of bullets.
- Example: The Flood of Noah, (Genesis 6:5 – Genesis 9:17).
- Example: The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, (Genesis 19)
- Example: The Golden Calf Incident, (Deuteronomy: 32:1-10). If you read further down after this incident, about 3000 people died that day.
- Example: (יהוה YHWH) Almighty’s Final Judgment on the sinful world, (see Isaiah 66).
- Example: (יהוה YHWH) Almighty’s Ultimate Punishment of the wicked, (Revelation 21:8).
Lest we forget, Abba (יהוה YHWH) Almighty God DOES NOT take any pleasure or delight in the destruction of the wicked, (Ezekiel 18:23; Ezekiel 33:11). His desire is always that they would repent, turn AWAY from wickedness, and that they would walk uprightly, so that they will be forgiven and saved, (Ezekiel 18; 2 Peter 3:9; 1 Timothy 2:4; Acts 26:18); but if people REFUSE to turn away from wickedness, they will eventually suffer the consequences of those foolish choices.
“May Abba YHWH give us grace to truly repent from evil, so that we will be truly saved.“
What Types of Things are Abominations according to Scripture?
- Denying & Rejecting Almighty (יהוה YAHWEH (Psalm 14:1; Psalm 53:1; Romans 1:18-21)
- Unclean things (Lev. 7:21)
- Customs of pagans (Lev. 18:30)
- Idols (2 Chr. 15:8; 1 Pet. 4:3)
- Sins of men (Ps. 14:1; 53:1)
- Cheating (Mic. 6:10)
- Lost souls (Rev. 21:8)
- A froward man (perverse; one who turns aside (Pro. 3:32; 11:20)
- A proud look (Pro. 6:16-17)
- A lying tongue (Pro. 6:17; 12:22)
- Hands that shed innocent blood (Pro. 6:17)*This is why true believers CANNOT accept and celebrate abortion; because it’s shedding innocent blood. There is NO blood more INNOCENT than an unborn baby’s.
- A wicked scheming heart (Pro. 6:18)
- Feet that are quick to sin (Pro. 6:18)
- A false witness that speaks lies (Pro. 6:19)
- A sower of discord (Pro. 6:19)
- Wickedness (Pro. 8:7)
- A false balance or scale (Pro. 11:1)
- Sacrifices of the wicked (Pro. 15:8; 21:27)
- The way of the wicked (Pro. 15:9)
- The thoughts of the wicked (Pro. 15:26)
- The proud of heart (Pro. 16:5)
- Justifying the wicked (Pro. 17:15)
- Condemning the just (Pro. 17:15)
- Divers, dishonest weights (Pro. 20:10, 23)
- Divers, dishonest measures (Pro. 20:10)
- Refusing to hear the Torah. (Pro. 28:9)
- Prayers of the rebel (Pro. 28:9)
- Eating flesh of peace offerings on the 3rd day (Lev. 7:18)
- Same gender Sexual acts (Lev. 18:22; 20:13; Dt. 23:18)
- Taking ornaments from idols when being destroyed (Dt. 7:25-26)
- Any Idolatrous practices (Dt. 12:31; 13:14; 17:4; 18:9; 20:18; 29:17)
- Offering an imperfect animal to (יהוה YAHWEH) as a sacrifice (Dt. 17:1)
- Any traffic with demons (Dt. 18:7-12)
- Wearing clothes of the opposite gender (Dt. 22:5)
- Bringing the hire of a harlot or sodomite into (יהוה YAHWEH)’s house (Dt. 23:18)
- Re-marriage of former companions (Dt. 24:1-4)
- Cheating others (Dt. 25:13-16)
- Making images/idols (Dt. 27:15)
- Idols of Ammon (1 Ki. 11:5)
- Idols of Moab (1 Ki. 11:7; 2 Ki. 11:13)
- Idols of Zidon (2 Ki. 23:13)
- Incense offered by hypocrites (Isa. 1:13)
- Eating unclean things (Isa. 66:17)
- Offering human sacrifices (Jer. 32:35)
- Robbery (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
- Murder (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
- Adultery (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
- Oppression of others, particularly the poor or vulnerable (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
- Violence (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
- Breaking vows (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
- Lending with interest to a brother (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
- Lying with a menstruous woman (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
- Hardness of heart (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
- Injustice (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
- Worship of anti-Christ (Dan. 11:31; 12:11; Mt. 24:15; 2 Th. 2:4; Rev. 13)
- Incest (Lev. 19: 6-30)
- Things highly esteemed by man (Lk. 16:15)
- Many other sins of the nations (Lev. 18: 26-29; Dt. 18: 9-12; 20:18; 29:17; 1 Ki. 14:24; 21:2, 11; 23:24; 2 Chr. 28:3; 33:2; 34:33; 36:14; Ezek. 7: 3-20; 8: 6-17; 16: 2-58; 20: 4-30; Rev. 17: 4-5; Rev 18:4).
Sexual Immorality (Leviticus 18:1-23; Romans 1:18-32; Galatians 5:19-21; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Rev. 21:8)
Adultery; Any sexual relationship outside of Biblical marriage (Lev. 18:20)
Incest: Sex with any blood Relations. This includes in-laws, adopted or having sex with related persons like having sex with a woman and later her daughter or a woman and then her sister (Lev. 18:1-18);
Homosexuality (Lev 18:22);
Bestiality; humans having sex with animals (Lev 18:23).
Re-marriage to one’s former spouse; if either one was sexually defiled during their separation (Deuteronomy 24:4)
Cross Dressing: Men Wearing Dresses clothes designed for women or Women wearing Clothes designed for men (Deuteronomy 22:5).
(From a Biblical Point of View, our relationship with Yahweh Almighty is like that of a marriage. Therefore, to be spiritually unfaithful to Yahweh is the same as committing adultery in a physical marriage). That’s why the rules are so severe. Spiritual infidelity is the SAME as cheating on Yahweh. That is why idolatry is forbidden, because it’s like choosing a demon over Yahweh.
- Idolatry: Worshiping false gods and giving children over to false gods (Deut. 7:25; Lev 18:21).
- Ungodly stubbornness is also considered worshiping false gods (1 Samuel 15:22-23). Carving images and Icons to worship (Deuteronomy 27:15, 29:17,32:16).
- Witchcraft: (Deuteronomy 18:9-14). This also includes a mindset of rebellion (1 Samuel 15:22-23).
- Rejecting God’s Law or standards (Prov. 28:9; Isaiah 5:20-24).
- Seeking friendship and compromising with the world (James 4:4).
- Loving the sinful world, and the things thereof (1 John 2:15-17).
- Mixing biblical godly worship with the practices and customs which were used to worship other false gods. This is demonic (1 Corinthians 10:1-6, 19-22;. 2 Corinthians 6:14-7:1; Romans 15:4 cf. Exodus 32:1-10; Deuteronomy 12:1-4, 8, 29-32; Jeremiah 10:1-2; cf. John 4:24).
The Fruit of the New Birth
Yashua the Messiah says that we will be able to tell the difference between the genuine teachers and the false teachers by their fruit. In the same principle, we can tell the difference between a genuine follower and a false Christian by the fruit which their lives produces, (Matthew 7:15-20). So, when a person is born again, what kind of evidence is there, according to the Scripture? What kind of fruit will be evident? Well, YAH Almighty Himself describes the changes that will happen inside a person when HE regenerates and renews them:
- YHWH cleanses us from everything which HE considers filthy (Ezekiel 36:25). Notice that YHWH will purge all idolatry from us. This means that the truly born-again person will not want to indulge in anything that was associated with idolatry or the worship of false gods. In the New Testament, believers are commanded to continue to cooperate with YHWH through that process, (1 Peter 1:14-16; 1 Cor. 10:14; 2 Corinthians 6:14-7:1; James 1:21-22, 27; Ephesians 4:22; 1 Peter 2:1; 1 John 5:21).
- YHWH will remove our old heart which is hardened by sin and he will give us a renewed heart (Ezekiel 36:26; Deuteronomy 30:6; Psalm 51:10-13).
- YHWH will send His Holy Spirit to take up residence in us, (Ezekiel 36:27a). Now, when the Holy Spirit comes to take up residence and comes to live inside of you, there is definitely a picture of being born-again. There is no better description of the new birth.
- Here is the fruit or the result of that event according to God’s Word: Now according to Yahweh Almighty God what will be the result, what will be the fruit of the Holy Spirit truly coming to take up residence inside of us? As it is written: “I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.” (Ezekiel 36:27, NKJV)
- Yahweh Almighty God specifically says through His own prophet that the functioning result which will be produced when the Holy Spirit comes to take up residence inside a person is that:
- it will cause us to walk in HIS statutes.
- It will cause us to KEEP HIS judgments.
- It will cause us to DO THEM.
Yahweh Almighty God Himself said that this will be the result when the Holy Spirit comes to take up residence and live inside a person.
The fruit of truly being born-again is that we learn and we KEEP His Commandments, it’s not breaking God’s Commandments in the name of grace.
As it is written: “for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.” (Philippians 2:13, NKJV)
A Prayer for Repentance
Blessed are You, YHWH Almighty One, Creator and King of the Universe, and who established the Truth of Torah, and who embodied the Torah in the flesh and in the deeds of Yah’shua, the Messiah.
Have mercy upon us Abba YAH, for our minds have been battered by sin through our flesh, through the world, and through the schemes of the adversary.
In the past, I have believed lies, misunderstood the Scriptures, and deceived myself into thinking that I should live outside of your Laws and Commandments, because I foolishly thought that this is what it meant to live under Your Grace through Messiah.
I was grievously WRONG, and it caused me to transgress Your Laws, and to SIN against You, (Jeremiah 16:19; Daniel 9:11; Hosea 8:1; 1 John 3:4; Titus 2:11-15; Ephesians 2:8-10).
You have graciously promised that if we confess our sins, that You are faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us of all unrighteousness, (1 John 1:8-9): and so, we humbly ask You, to make this promise effectual in our lives right now.
Please, have pity upon me. Mercifully forgive me, save me, deliver me, and set me free from every lie and deception that I have ever believed.
Mercifully teach me the TRUTH, (John 17:17; Psalm 119; Psalm 119:142; Psalm 119:151; Psalm 119:160; John 14:6; 1 John 2:1-6).
Mercifully give me Your True Biblical Grace to BELIEVE the TRUTH which You teach me, and NOT to believe any lie or deception.
Please give us ears to hear the truth, and what Your Holy Spirit speaks to the congregations.
Please grant me eyes that are truly good and full of light, so that we will be able to correctly perceive and to recognize the truth; and so that my entire body will be good and full of light.
Please grant me a heart that is truly good and fertile ground for the Good Seed of Your Word, so that we may be receptive to Your Word, and Your Commandments; and grant that we may produce an abundance of good fruit in Your Word, that will remain.
Please transform my heart, so that I will bring true joy gladness and delight to Your Heart; (according to Deuteronomy 5:29).
Mercifully save me, set me free, deliver me, and grant me grace to thoroughly overcome any sin, any desire, any attitude or behavior that will NOT inherit Your Everlasting Kingdom.
Please transform our minds by Your Holy Spirit. Please save me and deliver me from ALL CARNAL MINDEDNESS, which DOES NOT subject itself to Your Laws and Commandments, (Romans 8:5-8); but instead grant me a renewed mind that is truly controlled by the Holy Spirit, (Ezekiel 11:19-20; Ezekiel 36:25-27); and produces life and peace, and empowers me to obey You; so that we may correctly interpret and understand Your Words, believe, and OBEY them.
Mercifully grant us the grace and willingness to become OBEDIENT, effectual DOERS of Your Words, and not hearers only, so that we will NOT deceive ourselves; (James 1:19-25) but instead by DOING Your Words, with love and faith, we will overcome the world, and walk in Your Blessings, Forever.
Blessed be YHWH the Almighty One, who empowers us by His Spirit; to believe, to understand, and to obey the Torah, so that by doing Your Will, we may endure forever, (1 John 2:17). Omien.
Brother R. Michel Lankford